Notable RBI Events in 1990
- April 9 - On Opening Day, Houston's Glenn Davis ties a major-league record when he is hit by pitches three times in an 8–4, 11-inning loss to the Reds.
- April 12 - Mark Langston, making his Angel debut, and Mike Witt combine to pitch a 1-0 no-hitter against the Mariners.
- April 27 - Pirates infielder Wally Backman becomes the first national leaguer to get six hits (6 for 6) in one game in 15 years.
- May 30 - Bill Buckner plays his final game for the Boston Red Sox
- July 24 - Keith Hernandez plays his final game for the New York Mets
- September 27 - Bob Boone plays his final game for the Kansas City Royals
- Ryne Sandberg leads the National League in homeruns, with 40.