From The RBI Baseball Database
- Born September 27, 1949 in Dayton, OH
- Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2nd round of the 1971 amateur draft, where he would spend his entire career.
- Won the Phillies' only World Series title in 1980.
- Played in the Big Leagues from 1972 to 1989, retiring in the middle of the season.
- Twelve-time All-Star, including his retirement year of 1989.
- MVP three times, in 1980, 1981, and 1986, plus one World Series MVP.
- Nine consecutive Gold Gloves and 10 total. (1976-1984, plus 1986)
- Had his number 20 retired.
- Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Is currently a special hitting instructor for the Philadelphia Phillies
- Shitty shit shitty, mcshitty Mike Schmiddy
- Schmidt Face