Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:51, 6 June 2013 by ShitPaw (talk | contribs) (Created page with "thumb|'''Jose Cruz''', old school Jose Cruz bats in the 2 spot for the Houston Astros on the NES version of RBI. He is a good player, alth...")
Jose Cruz bats in the 2 spot for the Houston Astros on the NES version of RBI. He is a good player, although not the most powerful. That's why putting a power hitter like Phil Garner in at the three spot is a quality choice. Cruz gets on base more than any other Astro, so the big goal should be getting him in.
- Left-handed hitter
- .287 Batting Average
- 10 Home Runs
- 768 Power Rating
- 18 Contact Rating
- 138 Speed Rating
- Born August 8, 1947 in Arroyo, P.R.
- Signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as an amateur free agent in 1966.
- Played in the Big Leagues from 1970-1988
- Purchased by the Houston Astros from the St. Louis Cardinals on October 24, 1974.
- Career .284 BA, with 165 HR, 1,036 runs, 1,077 RBI and 317 SB in 2,353 AB
- Two-time NL All-Star (1980 and 1985)
- Led league in hits (189) in 1983
- Cruz lost 30 pounds, started to lose hair/muscle and became a total prick before finding out he had Graves Disease. After taken medication, he is back to his old self.