Notable RBI Events in 1987
- April 14 - Al Pedrique makes his major league debut.
- April 29 - In an 8-4 win over Giants, Cubs' outfielder Andre Dawson provides much of the offense as he hits for the cycle.
- April 30 - Ellis Burks makes his major league debut.
- May 21 - Gene Larkin makes his major league debut.
- July 8 - Rick Burleson plays his final game
- October 4 - Doug DeCinces plays his final game
- Andre Dawson wins the NL MVP Award.
- George Bell wins the AL MVP Award.
- Steve Bedrosian wins the NL Cy Young Award.
- Roger Clemens wins his 2nd AL Cy Young Award.
- Benito Santiago wins the NL Rookie of the Year Award.
- Mark McGwire wins the AL Rookie of the Year Award.
American League: Harold Baines, George Bell, Wade Boggs, Dwight Evans, Tom Henke, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Matt Nokes, Kirby Puckett, Willie Randolph, Dave Righetti, Cal Ripken, Bret Saberhagen, Kevin Seitzer, Alan Trammell
National League: Jack Clark, Eric Davis, Willie McGee, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Keith Hernandez, Jeffrey Leonard, Ryne Sandberg, Ozzie Smith, Darryl Strawberry, Mike Schmidt, Pedro Guerrero, Tony Gwynn, Dale Murphy, Gary Carter, Mike Scott, Rick Sutcliffe, Rick Reuschel, Steve Bedrosian, John Franco
RBI Gold Glovers
National League: Rick Reuschel, Keith Hernandez, Ryne Sandberg, Terry Pendleton, Ozzie Smith, Tony Gwynn, Andre Dawson, Eric Davis
RBI Silver Sluggers
National League: Benito Santiago, Jack Clark, Ozzie Smith, Tony Gwynn, Eric Davis, Andre Dawson