Gary Pettis is the leadoff batter for California in the NES version of RBI. He is known for his blazing 140 speed, making him a terror on the basepaths. Pettis has very little power and doesn't get on base too much. As a result, many players substitute for him immediately, typically with Ruppert Jones or Rob Wilfong.
- Born April 3, 1958 in Oakland, CA
- Drafted by the California Angels in the 6th round of the 1979 amateur draft
- Played in the Big Leagues from with California (1982 to 1987), Detroit (1988-1989, 1992), Texas (1990-1991) and San Diego (1992)
- Won the Gold Glove in 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, & 1990
- Was in the top 5 in the American League in stolen bases for 6 total years
- The all-time Angels stolen base leader (186)
- Gary had his younger brother sit in for his picture on his 1985 Topps baseball card.
RBI Baseball Cards